Friday, August 19, 2011

Whirlwind Summer

(Previously posted on Off in the Clouds)

Two weeks left until I move back to Davis! Time really seems to have sped up, although I wish it would go faster (since I'm dying to get back to school). Lately I've been baby-sitting and giving tours to earn some extra money - I also worked a show at the Mondavi Center last weekend. Textbooks and back-to-school clothes/supplies are expensive, so I'm glad I at least have some source of income. I was home alone for a week and a half while my family went to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon. I decided that was an excellent time to get a piercing so I got my cartilage pierced (left ear). I'm not exactly interested in a nose piercing so I figured that was rebellious enough. Sort of. Okay, not really, but it's still nice to pretend I went wild with my family gone! Mainly I just hung out with friends, worked, and took care of my (extremely lonely and needy) kitty.
 
My other "projects" for the summer have been watching seasons 4 and 5 of Gilmore Girls and re-reading Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel series. I'm embarrassed that I'm still only on book 6 out of 9, which is still a big accomplishment considering that a few of them are over 900 pages long, but I've been reading quite a few other books on the side so I don't feel too bad about being slow. I'm also reading every "how to get into law school" book I can get my hands on, mixed in with some LSAT prep. I won't have time once school starts, so I might as well get as much done now as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment