Friday, August 26, 2011

New Blog, New Name

I have a new blog! Clearly you've noticed that if you're here now, but stating the obvious never hurts. This will be a lot more convenient to update than Off in the Clouds, which hopefully means that I'll blog more! All my old content is still around on OITC, but now my posting will be done on here. (I've also taken the liberty of moving my most recent blog posts onto here - check out anything older using the archive link on the right!)


Also, you may have noticed that the name "Off in the Clouds" is gone, replaced by "Dreams and Ambition." I'm still a dreamer - how can you be goal-oriented and not be a bit of a dreamer? - but I feel that the new name better encompasses who I am. I'm ambitious and proud of it, and I'm happy to be going after my dreams of law school, diplomacy, and politics. Hence the new name.


So, a few updates on how I've been over the past week! I've been keeping busy, obviously. I only have a week until I move back to Davis so I've been trying to see friends, get all the things I need for school (seeing as I don't have a roommate and need to bring my own fridge this year!), and finish all the millions of books I checked out at the library at the beginning of summer. Okay, I only checked out about 22 items at a time, but it still took me all this time to get through some of them. I finally finished re-reading Jacqueline Carey's books! Her ninth in the Terre D'Ange series, Naamah's Blessing, just came out this summer so I've spent months trying to read all the old ones. Some are over 900 pages long so I'm not too embarrassed that it took me this long, plus I've been reading a lot of other books on the side, but normally I would have been done within a few weeks. Ooops!


Also, I've recently gotten into Pretty Little Liars. Before this summer, I had never watched it. (In fact, I pretty much never watch TV anymore since I don't have time.) But thanks to my amazingly horrible friends Kathryn and Hannah, I have now seen the first ten episodes. And I'm hooked. I'll have to be strong and try not to watch more episodes when I go to school, otherwise it'll be impossible to get anything done.


Comment and let me know what you think of the new blog! Again, here's to hoping that the new format encourages me to post more!

3 comments:

  1. No kidding about some of those Kushiel's books being over 900 pages! I had to put Kushiel's Dart down because I wouldn't have been able to finish it until the end of the year! I enjoy it, but there's just so much of it to read! Annoying!

    I'm sooooo happy you're watching Pretty Little Liars!!! I absolutely love that show!! But go ahead, indulge in it before you get back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, this is Amy. Sorry my name is a little weird on here. I should probably change that on google...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's okay, I figured out who you were. XD

    ReplyDelete