Monday, September 23, 2013

It's Starting...

The fall quarter whirlwind is beginning and classes don't even start until Thursday! I helped out at the International Relations Fall Welcome this morning as part of my peer advisor job and saw a bunch of new students come into the office afterward for beginning-of-the-year advising. On the way home I gave two people directions and passed by an event teaching freshmen about bike safety and preventing bike theft (good luck with that - one of many reasons I don't have a bike here). There are events every night for Welcome Week to get new students pumped up about UC Davis. The campus is buzzing with activity and I can feel myself being drawn into the quarter more and more. I just wish I had time to relax a bit and enjoy the start of my favorite quarter of the year!

In addition to LSAT studying and stressing about apps/honors theses, I can feel my life being consumed by emails. Between the four accounts I have linked to my phone, I get easily 100 emails per day (and I know that will increase exponentially once school actually starts). I'm always reading emails, filing them away, drafting responses, copying over some version of the "Our rush week is coming up!" email to every pre-law student who signs up for my fraternity's mailing list... Thank goodness I have an iPhone, I honestly don't remember how I used to manage in the past when I couldn't check my email on the go. My boyfriend and I always joke that I'll be the young professional glued to my BlackBerry within the next few years. Note to self: get a BlackBerry! I love full keyboards and that's what I miss most about my old phone - perfect for emails, even if my old phone couldn't do that!

So besides my fascinating life as a professional emailer, I actually took yesterday afternoon/evening off from work/studying/PR prep to head to the Bay Area for my little's carnatic music concert. The music was unlike anything I'd ever heard before and I was blown away by my little - not only did she sound amazing, but she managed to sing for an hour and a half straight! I'm definitely a proud big right now (and the upside of having three littles is that I always have something to be proud about, since they're all incredible).

Okay, back to PR prep and LSAT studying...

No comments:

Post a Comment