Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy Autumn!

Happy autumn! Even though I love warm weather, I'm excited for Davis to start cooling down and for the leaves to change colors. Despite a surprise rainstorm yesterday, it's been a bit too hot lately and I'm definitely ready to bring out jeans and boots! I know I'll miss the warmth in a couple of months though.

Today my new housemate (or I guess I should say my housemate's fall subleasee) is moving in. I've been alone in the apartment for most of the summer so it will be nice to have some company again! The person I'll be living with for fall is someone I've known since sophomore year when we were resident advisors together, so I know it'll be a lot of fun living with her.

I can't believe the LSAT is in less than two weeks. Part of me is trying not to panic and wishing that I had 13 more weeks instead of 13 more days to study for my last retake attempt, but another part of me is just ready to be done and apply to law schools. So far I have fee waivers for Davis, UCLA, Georgetown, and Duke (!!!), as well as dozens of other schools that aren't on my application list. After I take the October LSAT I'll be writing essays and compiling applications as I wait for my score to come out, then inshallah I'll be able to submit my apps by the first week of November. I'm aiming to get everything in by Veteran's Day weekend!

In the meantime, as I study for the upcoming test and try to fool myself into thinking October 5th is farther away than it actually is, I'm still working my three jobs, lab managing, preparing for classes to start on Thursday, and getting ready for rush week. I feel like I'm putting a lot more time into my pre-law fraternity than into LSAT studying, to be honest - definitely not a good thing and the curse of being PR Chair. I've been doing so much lately (designing/ordering flyers, helping reserve rooms, ordering shirts, updating our social media, contacting potential rushees, etc.) and yet there's still so much more to be done. I seriously need a time turner right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment