Saturday, August 31, 2013

End of Summer Woes

Quick edit: After writing this post, I started getting excited for my favorite season (autumn, obviously) so I thought I'd change the header and tweak my blog template a bit while I was at it!

I'm kind of in denial that it's the end of August already. Somehow I feel like the month just started! I'm guessing that being sick for a week explains my disbelief that the days "flu" by this fast, but I'm still not prepared for going back to school in September.

Despite the denial, I can tell that summer will be ending soon because of how my responsibilities have been ramping up lately. Although it would be wonderful to just sit in bed and read all day, that's not exactly feasible right now! The past week and a half I've been swamped with work - hiring new research assistants and completing an IRB renewal for my lab manager position, giving tours, staying at the Mondavi Center until 1:00am to finish counting out merchandise for a particularly crazy show (ouch), and training for my International Relations peer advisor position. I've also been working on law school apps, although to be honest I really need to devote all of my attention to studying for my October LSAT retake and should just focus on applications/essays once the test is over! And, because it's me, I've been spending a bit too much time planning out my class schedules for the year. Trying to figure out how to finish my two majors, minor, and last GE requirements while still taking a couple of fun classes is turning out to be tricky. I have six potential schedules lined up for winter and spring quarter... Normally planning is a stress reliever for me, but until I have the perfect schedule combination figured out it'll continue to be a headache. (I know... why can't I just wait until the week before my registration appointment to plan my class schedule like a normal student?)

I've still been managing to have some fun lately though: hanging out with my boyfriend, cat-sitting, online shopping, and plenty of reading (that I shouldn't technically have time for). Tomorrow hopefully I'll get out for a bit to take advantage of some Labor Day sales before diving back into work. September will be the month of juggling my jobs, preparing for fraternity rush week, studying for the LSAT, compiling law school apps, salvaging my honors theses, and naturally getting ready for fall quarter of my senior year! Hmm, another thing I'm in denial about... how am I a senior already?

No comments:

Post a Comment