Friday, August 16, 2013

Long Time No Post...

I can't believe it's been two months since I last blogged. You can read about my Egypt adventures at Summer in Misr, although unfortunately my summer abroad program was cut short due to the protests and I had to be evacuated (on the 4th of July, no less). I've spent the past month and a half going back and forth between home and my Davis apartment, with a mini vacation to Pismo Beach with my family thrown in. Lots of reading, campus tours, fraternity rush preparations, and law school application work!

I'm actually supposed to be sitting on a beach in Mexico right now, but I had the misfortune of getting the flu last Thursday and wasn't better in time to fly out. I'm finally recovered (after sleeping 14 hours per day for the last week) and back to work on lab managing/rush week prep. As a consolation prize, I'm using my Mexico plane ticket as either A) a winter break trip to Hawaii (hey, I can hope) or spring break ticket to the East Coast to tour whatever law schools I get into.

So, more about law school. After years of planning and dreaming, I can't believe it's finally time to apply! I'm actually studying for an October LSAT retake, which means I'm further behind on my personal statement than I would like, but all this means is that I'll be submitting my applications in the beginning of November once LSAT scores come in rather than the beginning of September when applications open up. I don't have a finalized school list yet, but I definitely plan to apply to Penn, Berkeley, Georgetown, Duke, UCLA, and George Washington (among others).

No comments:

Post a Comment