Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Good, the Bad, and the WOW

2014 is off to a mind-blowing start!

1. The Good.
As I posted last week, I was accepted to Duke Law! I still can't get over my excitement! This was closely followed by two more acceptances, which I will get into in #3.

2. The Bad.
We're just two weeks into 2014 and I've been sick twice already. I got a cold at the beginning of the year (which thankfully went away within a few days) and then came down with strep throat this weekend. I started antibiotics yesterday so hopefully I'll be better soon... but for now my throat is killing me, and I've missed too much class and work for my liking.

3. The Wow.
Now that I'm no longer contagious, I went to all of my classes today. I was about ten minutes into my History of Psychology lecture when I got an email from George Washington Law - I got in! I had to sit there for the rest of class trying to pay attention but too distracted and happy to take great notes. I went to my Earthquakes & Natural Disasters class afterwards and was sort of taking notes (but in reality, I was still distracted) when I got a phone call from a 310 number. Los Angeles. Wait... what if it's UCLA? I thought. Do I dash out of lecture and answer the phone? For some silly reason I decided to stay in my seat for the rest of lecture (longest 17 minutes ever), even though I don't think I took any decent notes on the Richter scale or surface waves. My little - also in the class with me - kept laughing at me and gave me a preemptive congrats, although I kept telling myself that maybe UCLA just had a question about my application. Fast forward to 4:00pm. I listen to the voice mail, call back the Dean, and find out that A) I'd been accepted to UCLA Law and B) they were offering me a scholarship! I think I just barely kept myself from squealing on the phone and from crying in front of my little. UCLA Law wants me.

This puts me at 3 for 3 so far, with a T-14 acceptance and a scholarship from an amazing school. I'm sure the denials will come in eventually, but for now I can't get over how fortunate I am to have this track record so far. Looks like I'll be in law school seven months from now!

No comments:

Post a Comment