Thursday, January 2, 2014

Batch 1 = Done

I spent most of yesterday A) watching HGTV (who knew there were entire shows about people buying islands or Caribbean property?!) and B) working on law school applications. 2014 is off to a great start!

I'm pleased to report that after years of planning and hard work (as well as heavy doses of stress and procrastination), my first batch of apps are submitted. So far I've applied to the University of Pennsylvania, Georgetown, Duke, Columbia, and New York University. I still have seven more schools to go before I'm done... and even then, I have a few safety schools I'm keeping on reserve to apply to in case I don't have any early acceptances before MLK weekend (Duke in particular will let me know within 10 days). Still, this is a huge accomplishment and it feels amazing to have even part of my applications done and out of my hands.

The wait will be agonizing, but at least I have a full schedule in winter quarter to keep my mind off things! The only bright side of having way too much to do is having no free time to eat/sleep/breathe, let alone stress out while waiting for decisions. For winter, I'll be finishing up my honors theses (by the end of this month, inshallah), working too many jobs as usual, planning a huge pre-law week for my fraternity as well as prepping for spring rush, and taking a few too many units (but that's normal for me at this point). I'm technically registered for 22 units for winter quarter. Technically. But 4 units of that are for my lab managing position, which I'd be doing even without course credit, so I'm still going to pretend that I just have 18 units' worth of classes to worry about. Besides the lab managing credits, I'm taking Advanced Arabic, History of Modern India, International Politics of the Middle East, History of Psychology, and Earthquakes - a 2-unit seminar that I'm taking with one of my littles for fun. I mean, why not?


Update: I'm now up to nine schools - I just submitted my applications to Stanford, UCLA, and Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment