Monday, March 24, 2014

March (Winter) Madness

Long overdue post! Winter quarter flew by since I was busy as ever (possibly more busy, since I had extra fraternity duties to juggle and missed almost a week of school for law school visits)!

The updates:
1. Law School
I still have 4 schools left to hear back from, but so far I'm in at Duke, Georgetown, UCLA, George Washington, and University of Washington (as well as waitlisted at University of Pennsylvania and Berkeley). I'm stuck between Duke and Georgetown at the moment, which are both amazing schools. I'll let you know which school I ultimately decide on!

2. Travel
I flew to DC at the beginning of March to go to Georgetown's Admit Day (and to spend some time with one of my littles and other friends doing the UCDC Program currently), and then after three days there I flew to Los Angeles for the UCLA Admit Day! I'm going to Durham this week to finally visit Duke, and then my biggest adventure is coming up in June... I booked a trip to Europe!!! I'll be spending over three weeks traveling to Dublin, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Florence, Barcelona, and more! I couldn't be more excited, especially since I'll be traveling with one of my littles and other college students.

3. Academics
I really enjoyed my classes this quarter but I'm pretty sure my grades won't be as good as I'd hoped. Finals week as a nightmare, with five finals and a paper (as well as celebrating my 22nd birthday that week)! International Politics of the Middle East and History of Modern India were among my favorite classes, although I actually really enjoyed Arabic as well - third year Arabic was ridiculously difficult but it's amazing how much I've improved, even this quarter! Next quarter I'll have my lightest load ever - only 16 units! - and my classes should hopefully all be enjoyable. I'm taking Human Rights, Politics of Global Inequality, Health Psychology, and Comparative Perspectives in Middle East/South Asia.

4. Work
My peer advising boss just went on maternity leave so I had to increase my advising hours - at least my paychecks were big this quarter! I was also working a crazy number of hours at the Mondavi Center, especially in February, but I'll be working a lot fewer shows for spring quarter so I'll have time to breathe. I finally resigned from my tour guide job, which is sad, and also stopped lab managing at the end of this quarter. My work schedule is beginning to resemble a normal person's again!

5. Fraternity
I was busier than ever in my pre-law fraternity. I organized a Pre-Law Week at the end of February and a cupcake sale earlier that month since we were between Fundraising Chairs. Spring rush is coming up very soon, so I'm frantically trying to get ready for that as well as some new duties that I'll have in spring. Hopefully I'll have enough time to also enjoy my last quarter in Phi Alpha Delta before I graduate!

And that, essentially, was winter quarter...  I'm nervous but excited to be graduating in June and heading off to law school - I just wish I knew where I would be going! Either way it'll be an incredible spring quarter and summer, and my law school journey should be exciting as well (even if I'll be stressed out of my mind).

Here are a couple of DC photos for you to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment