Friday, March 15, 2013

Beware the Ides of March - and Finals Week!

I just finished week 10 of winter quarter... which means that it's time for finals!

This quarter hasn't been fantastic, between having the flu for the LSAT, my apartment burning down, and being turned down for most of the opportunities I applied for this quarter. But at the same time, there have been a lot of highlights to the quarter as well. I'm doing really well in almost all of my classes, I submitted my summer abroad application for Egypt, and I was able to tour Stanford and Berkeley Law last weekend. I'm hoping I will be able to look back on the quarter and think, "Life threw a lot of obstacles my way, but I still managed to survive/thrive." Before I can do that though, I have a week of exams to face.

My finals schedule is pretty daunting, I have to say.
Monday: PSC Midterm (last day of classes) and my birthday
Wednesday: HIS and WMS Finals
Thursday: ARB Final
Saturday: PSC and ECN Finals

Six exams next week? Pretty much the most intense finals week I've ever had to deal with. And I have to ace my History, Econ, Arabic, and Psych exams. But I know that if I put the work in while studying and budget my time well, I should turn out okay. Who knows - maybe this will be my first real quarter of straight As at Davis without an A- to mar the record! (I'm not quite counting fall in DC, since I couldn't receive a letter grade for my internship.)

After finals week, I'll hopefully have a relaxing spring break. I don't have any fun plans yet, except for wine tasting in Napa with my dad (since I turn 21 this Monday!) and studying for the LSAT/doing more work for my Psych honors thesis.

Spring quarter, while hopefully easier than this quarter, will bring its own challenges. I'm only taking three real classes (Arabic, Cognitive Development, and International Economic Relations) but I'm also working on my two honors theses (finishing up Psych and starting IR) and studying for the June LSAT. My February LSAT score, although not horrible (high 160s), was definitely not what I was hoping for so I'm going to retake it. I'll be working a lot at the Mondavi Center and giving tours, and I'll definitely be busy with my pre-law fraternity since it's a rush quarter for us. But hey... at least I'm not taking 24 units again (just 21 units with my honors theses), and I'll only have 3 finals to deal with! And of course, I'll have my month abroad to look forward to...

To end the post, how about a pretty picture of Davis in the springtime? There are a few cherry blossom trees outside my apartment, and while the blossoms have mostly fallen off by now, I managed to get some great pictures earlier in the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment