Monday, December 9, 2013

All Fall Quarter Did Was Wreeeeeck Me!

I find it ironic that my last post was about how successful fall quarter of senior year was going! Let's just say that everything has changed now.
  1. Honors theses: postponed until winter. I decided to take an incomplete on the International Relations one after a bad breakdown, and I'll use winter break and January to finish it up. My psychology study actually went very well, but I already knew that I wanted to use the beginning of winter quarter to write it up anyway.
  2. Law school apps? Not submitted yet. After a shocking yet consistent LSAT score, I haven't felt motivated to work on applications in over a month. Part of me postponing my theses is to get my essays done this week!
  3. Classes: better now, but not going great for a while. Thank goodness I'm taking Arabic pass/no pass... I spent last week throwing everything I had into my Cognitive Neuroscience course, so after a fantastic paper on the neural source for altruism and a decent midterm exam, I'm in good shape to get an A- or better in the class. I'm not doing as well in U.S. History as I would like, but I should still be able to get an A in the class.
  4. My life in general = absolute roller coaster. I ended a long-term relationship at the end of October (which had been a long time in coming) and then spent November with a much-too-exciting love life that had way too much heartache for my taste. Plenty of ups, even more downs. I don't know how long it will be until I can tell what's come out of the past several weeks, but at the very least I can say that I have a new-found appreciation for Taylor Swift. "Red" is the anthem of the quarter for me, and this amazing cover of Miley's "Wrecking Ball" has been playing nonstop the past month for me as well.
There have been some amazing highlights to fall quarter. My trip to West Point was incredible and I loved being surrounded by other driven, like-minded students. Everyone on my roundtable group spoke Arabic, studied abroad in the Middle East, and had great insight for challenges that today's populations face over there! Another highlight is my fraternity - I have four new additions my line and I've loved getting to know all the new members this quarter. I've also been able to spend a lot of time with biological family lately, which I really appreciate considering that I might be on the East Coast for law school in just nine months.

However, despite the highlights, fall quarter really took a toll on me... Even with a more relaxed finals week than usual, it will take a lot of rest and relaxation over the next few weeks before I'm back to being my normal, overachieving self.

No comments:

Post a Comment