Friday, August 31, 2012

Moving Day

I just moved into my new apartment today! I'll only be here for a couple of weeks until I head to DC, but I'm looking forward to spending next winter/spring/summer in my beautiful new place right by campus. I just finished unpacking (minus my desk and books, but I'll pretend I'm done) and am loving the place so far. My housemates are really nice, even if it'll be a bit strange since the girl I'm sharing a room with is also named Christine...

Work and LSAT studying have been keeping me busy; so has preparing for DC! I'm going shopping for work clothes this weekend to take advantage of the Labor Day sales, since nice blazers/skirts are crazy expensive. Still, I want people to take me seriously at my internship and while I'm networking - that won't exactly happen if I'm wearing a low-quality pantsuit from JCPenney or a Forever21 blazer.

The last thing I've been up to - reading! I finally finished the Inheritance Cycle (since I hadn't read Eragon/Eldest/Brisingr in years and wanted to re-read them before I tackled Inheritance). I've read about eight books other than those this month, including Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel (zombie steampunk), The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges (Russian necromancers), The Selection by Kiera Cass (Esther from the Bible meets Princess Academy), and Dreamless by Josephine Angelini (modern day Greek mythology). Mostly light YA stuff, but I can save my heavy reading for the school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment