Saturday, June 8, 2013

Is it summer yet?

I can't believe spring quarter is over! As soon as I tackle the LSAT on Monday and final exams/papers Tuesday through Thursday, I'll be on summer break.
 
This may have been my least favorite quarter so far - only three real classes plus my two honors theses (20 units total), but my classes were less interesting than normal (of course, it didn't help that I had 9:00am class every day and I've been anything but a morning person this year). International Economic Relations and Cognitive Development weren't the best classes for me to take considering my junioritis, with dry subject material that absolutely didn't motivate me to want to wake up for class. In Arabic, we started a new textbook and while I enjoyed the class, I didn't enjoy how the material got three times harder when it had already been difficult to begin with. However, this is the quarter that my language ability grew exponentially. I can finally read, write, listen, and speak Arabic (to some degree). I'm sure Egypt will only help with that!
 
As far as the LSAT goes... with all the work I've been putting into my jobs, academics/honors theses, fraternity, and social life, I haven't been able to devote as much time as I'd like for LSAT studying. My mantra for Monday is all I need is a 170, which is true if lawschoolpredictor.com is at all accurate. Anything 170+ puts me in range for most of the T-14 law schools, since my LSAC GPA is doing very well after last quarter (and with all my A+s in Arabic). Will I get a 170 on Monday? Maybe. We'll see.
 
Assuming I do well on Monday (or at least do better than February's mostly-decent score), I'll spend my summer finalizing the list of law schools I'm applying to and writing admissions essays. Of course, I have other summer plans... like a month in Egypt, a weekend in Southern California with my family, and a week in Cabo. When I'm back in Davis, I'll also be training for my new position as the International Relations peer advisor and preparing for my fraternity's rush week (since I'm our new Public Relations Chair). I'm hoping to have a fun, productive, and potentially relaxing summer. It'll be nice to have a break from school, even if I'm taking classes in Egypt and will have to study/write papers there.

On a final note, I'm almost done setting up my blog for Egypt! I'll still be blogging here on Dreams and Ambition while I'm abroad, but I'm hoping to update my Egypt blog several times a week. (And what else am I going to do during the hottest part of the day in Cairo anyway?) As soon as the blog is up and running, I'll post the link on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment