Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy April!

Ignore the fact that today is April Fools' Day - I promise that nothing in this post is designed to trick you. Pinkie swear.

Spring quarter starts tomorrow! I'm excited for my new classes and for my fraternity's spring rush, but I'm not quite ready to be back to getting four/five hours of sleep a night. I'm also going to be doing Zumba classes this quarter to get back into shape, since I gained a bit of weight this year and I don't like it. My mom said she'd help pay for the class and I just bought some yoga pants, so now I have more motivation to go!

The Good News
I got into the UC Washington Program for fall quarter! I found out on Tuesday morning (maybe 11 hours after my last post), which was definitely the highlight of an otherwise heartbreaking spring break. I'll be going with a few friends from my fraternity and quite possibly more people I know, although I won't get to find out who all the other participants are until our meeting on Friday. So, this essentially means I'll be in Washington, D.C. for the presidential election, and I'll have an internship that people would kill for (or at least I hope). Can't wait!

The Bad News
My U.S. Foreign Policy class didn't work out the way I thought it would, and now I have to go beg my TA for more points to bump me up from a B+ to an A-. I doubt it will work, but it's worth a try. My GPA dropped by .01 this quarter, which is tiny but still embarrassing since it already dropped .03 last quarter. It'll be harder to get my grades up to something that will help me get into a T-14 school... thank goodness that I test well, since my LSAT score should save me from my very-good-yet-not-Yale-material GPA.

Just for fun - here are a few books I've read over spring break:
1. Overbite by Meg Cabot (3/5 stars) - Semi-trashy vampire novel, a fun and light read
2. Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini (4/5 stars) - Greek mythology in modern times!!!! Need I say more?
3. The Overachievers: The Secret Lives of Driven Kids by Alexandra Robbins (5/5 stars) - This essentially sums up ME in my junior/senior year of high school.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats for getting into the program lovely! I think your grades are fine, but then again, our education over in NY is much different than in CA :P

    By the way, I have a new temporary blog up and running: http://sheedaydreambeliever.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete