Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Mid-February! (What happened to winter quarter?)

Quick update before I get back to working on applications! This quarter has been absolutely insane so far.

Academics: Yes, I'm still taking 22 units (Arabic, Recent U.S. Foreign Policy, Theories of International Politics, Symbolic Logic, Legal Writing, and an into-to-research seminar). I had my two POL midterms yesterday. Studying was brutal, especially since I had to catch up on all the reading I hadn't had time to do over the quarter. At least they're over, and one of them went well at least... Now it's time to start on my two 10-page papers. Sigh.

Work: I'm still working as a resident advisor, doing 1-2 shows per week at the Mondavi Center, and giving 2 or 3 tours per week. Way too busy, but at least I'm making a lot of money! Plus I'm still really enjoying all three jobs. And who knows, maybe Tour Guide of the Month will be in my future!

Extracurriculars: I'm still really involved in my pre-law fraternity - I'm currently our Relay for Life team captain and am applying for a leadership position for spring. Fingers crossed for that! I'm still helping out as a research assistant in a Social Psychology lab, and am still part of the Academic Affairs Commission of the student government and we're working on personal projects right now. I'm working on a way to create a mentoring system for freshmen on academic probation, so we'll see if anything comes from that! And then I'm also the Vice President of Public Relations for Global Law Brigades, which goes to Panama for a week to offer legal advice to underprivileged families on land titling. I can't actually brigade with everyone this year, but I'm using all my connections to make sure we can get the word out about recruitment, fundraising, etc. and I'll be all set to brigade next year.

So overall, you can see that I've just gotten crazier as college has gone on. I don't know what it is about me, but for some reason I feel the reason to add to my load each quarter! If I don't have a breakdown, it must mean it's time to add on another activity for the following quarter... that's my motto, apparently! Oh well, at least I'm relatively happy. I'm applying for summer jobs that will let me stay in Davis, working on my app for the UC Washington Program for fall quarter, and trying (in vain) to figure out housing for next year. Stressed, but that's normal for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment