Monday, December 12, 2011

Goodbye, Fall Quarter!

Fall Quarter 2011 is over! I'm staying in Davis an extra week to work some Mondavi shows -which means that right now I'm sitting around and playing with my friend's kitten - but I'm done for the year. 19 units, resident advisor job, pre-law fraternity, and a few tours/shows thrown in for good measure (and to pay for textbooks). My classes went well... except for Bio. But on the bright side I got As in Arabic and Cognitive Psych, probably an A- in International Law. My GPA went down a bit this quarter but it's still good enough for Georgetown Law (probably not Harvard or Yale yet though).

The RA job went great, even if it caused me to be sleep-deprived all quarter. With weekly programs to plan and publicize, nights on-call, meetings to attend and paperwork to fill out, I had no free time this quarter. At least I was still able to participate in my fraternity and work a bit more on the side.

Winter quarter is going to be fun... and by fun, I mean I'm taking 22 units. I'll be taking Arabic II, Symbolic Logic, U.S. Foreign Policy, Theories of International Relations, Legal Writing, and a research seminar. I also have an aerobics/kickboxing class scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8:00 am, but I'm planning to drop it after a few weeks (as soon as I'm back in shape or whenever I give up on waking up that early). The nice thing about my schedule, minus the aerobics class, is that I don't start until 10:00 am every day and I'm done by 2:00/3:00 in the afternoon most days. Also, no more Bio! All the International Relations classes will be nice for my GPA, although I'm a bit sad I'm not taking any Psych classes next quarter.

Another nice thing about next quarter? I finally have rainboots to handle the Davis winter! I also bought several pairs of adorable boots on Black Friday so my feet will be looking amazing all quarter long. And yes, I can give tours in cute boots... tried it out and didn't have any problems!

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! (Since knowing me, I won't be posting again until January.) Enjoy your last few weeks of 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment